Friday, June 3, 2016

Tiger Newsflash 6-3-16



6-3-16

Good afternoon!

I want to thank all of you for another successful year at Columbia Elementary! As I am heading into my fourth year working with your children, I cannot be happier with an awesome group of students and staff! We cannot do this job alone and we appreciate everyone's efforts in helping support the educational needs of our students. We are blessed to be working with your children!  I have a few items that I would like to share with you before August 1:

Columbia Elementary Summer Office Hours:


5/31-6/3-6am to 4pm

6/6-6/10-6am to 4pm

6/14-6/17-6am to 4pm

6/20-6/23-6am to 4pm

7/19 -7/22-6am to 4pm

After 8/1-8am-4pm

Successmaker and Fast ForWord are Open for Use

Please know that our students are still welcome to use both Successmaker (Reading and Math Online Program) and Fast ForWord (English Language Arts Online Program) over the summer. Continue to work on your skills between your fun events this summer.

CLICK HERE to access those links.

Other Reading and Math Resources for the Summer:
1) Taking turns Reading with your child (at or above your child's reading level)
2) Independent Reading
3) Asking your child: What they read?  What it was about? What there opinion is about the story and why? How the story is important their life and why?
4) Use ABCYA (CLICK ON LINK)
5)Use Funbrain (Click on Link)
6) Use Turtlediary (Click on link)

Important Dates To Remember:

6/16-8/4- K-5 Summer Reading and Math Program (11am to Noon-Lunch Provided)


8/16-Back to School Night from 6-7pm


MVCSD District Calendar for 2016-17:

CLICK HERE


STATE OF OHIO Testing for 2016-17:

CLICK HERE



Stay Tuned-On Twitter This Summer-Sights from South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, and Botswana 
Feel free to follow me @drmjdill on Twitter over the summer as I take a leap across the pond for a couple weeks to visit some really interesting places. I will be posting pictures throughout my trip to share the many interesting places I have always wanted to see.  One of which will be the largest waterfall in the world, Victoria Falls (CLICK ON LINK).  I am really excited!


Please know that my next weekly blog will be the week of August 1st.  Please know that we are continuing to work hard to prepare for an even better school year during 2016-17! Get ready to TIGER IT UP even more!!!!


Be safe! We love your children! Tiger Up It Up!
Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment